Riley's first CrossFit Route 1 Class

Riley's first CrossFit Route 1 Class
Riley's first CrossFit Route 1 Class

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Paleo Challenge and the Magical Powers of Pizza

It's been all business since January 9, 2012 at Crossfit Route 1.  The 60 Day Paleo Challenge started with about 30ish participants.  This challenge involves an all or nothing points system.  Eat pure Paleo, earn 3 points... eat 1 thing not Paleo 0 points.  1 point for 8 hrs of sleep and 1 point for working out.  I was doing great for 3 weeks... almost completely perfect except for a couple missed work out days.  And then at the end of a very stressful week when I was pissed off and frustrated with everything... there sat Pizza.  It was calling my name.  Jenny, oh Jenny.  You love me remember, I'm so yummy.  Forget that you'll feel gross after, you'll be happy while you're eating me.  mmmm I'm so yummy.  and I was done.

Yes, the pizza was yummy while I ate it... but not as satisfying and definitely not worth the massive headache I had afterwards.  So why then have I been struggling to get myself back on track the past 2 weeks.  I'll have a good day, then a bad one, 2 good days and another bad one.  soooo frustrating. 

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately... If the frustration and anger got me eating crap... then continuing to be frustrated isn't going to help me.  My new goal is to wake up happy and feeling good.  Now when I'm looking at food the question isn't "do I care if I lose Paleo  points today" the question is "how will I feel tomorrow?"  Every morning that I wake up after a day of clean eating I feel amazing.  Ready to concur the world... If I tried to take a nap, I couldn't because I'm that rested and alert.  The days I wake up after eating non-paleo items... i feel awful.  My stomach isn't right.  I always want to take a nap halfway through the day and succeed very easily in my papazon chair (yes I have one in my cube and it's awesome). 

Bottom line.  I can't be worried about points and the challenge.  This is my life and I want to wake up happy :)

1 comment: