Riley's first CrossFit Route 1 Class

Riley's first CrossFit Route 1 Class
Riley's first CrossFit Route 1 Class

Sunday, May 22, 2011

I love my sister :)

I love my sister, mommy, daddy, erin, ryan... and the list goes on to everyone in my family and all of my friends!!!  After a rough emotional week, I decided to treat myself to a massage before heading home to celebrate my brother's birthday.  On my way home, I received a call from my sister saying my cousin was about to leave for the prom and wanted to know how far away I was to know if she should wait to leave.  I was close and really excited to see her all dressed up!  I'm pulling down my parents' street and see a group of people hanging out in the yard.  I started thinking that it was a lot of people to be there for just a quick stop before the prom... and then I saw my friend Ryan.

IT WAS A SURPRISE 30TH BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!!


I started actually looking at all the people in the crowd and it was all my "Boston" friends, Jaclyn had flown up from Florida, Natalie, family friends, and lots of family!!!!  I was showered with confetti, hugs, and handed a Harpoon IPA.  I thought it couldn't get any better until my 5 year old nephew came over and asked if I wanted to go play in the bouncy house.  I HAD A BOUNCY OBSTACLE COURSE IN THE BACKYARD!!!!


At some point my car started to roll... In all the excitement, I had left my car in 3rd without the E-brake on... oops.  Good news is, I stopped it before it made it to the garage door!

I was on cloud 9, and I think I still am.  There was so much to take in and enjoy I truly felt loved.  There was Jenny Trivia, water balloon toss, obstacle course races, an awesome video collage from Erin, and lots of food!  I wasn't a perfect Paleo girl, but this was one of those life moments, that I wasn't going to feel guilty over it.  Chicken even got to enjoy in the fun and got a new outfit!


My family had planned an amazing Paleo feast of grilled chicken, salad, fruit salad... plus some other bbq basics for the non-paleos.  My friends were so proud they were eating Paleo, it was great to have them realize it's not so hard!  Then my cake came out.... My favorite cake in the whole wide world... yellow with a million strawberries on it :)


I did manage to have a small piece with extra strawberries, and it was just what I wanted.  When all was said and done... I had some cake, beer, and a glass of red wine.  Naturally I didn't feel 100% after, but I also didn't feel deprived.  I know that tomorrow is a new day and I'll be back on track without much thought or effort.  I also discovered that my friend Jaclyn from Florida has also being living the Paleo Lifestyle!  It was great to be able to share that with her and hear how awesome she's feeling!  Next step is getting her into a Crossfit gym, which I know she'll kick ass at!  She's planning on checking it out after completing her first Triathlon in June.  Check us out doing handstands with the bouncy house!
So here I am... less than a month from my real 30th birthday.  I feel amazing enough to dash through the obstacle course a million times, do handstands, have water balloon fights, enjoy yummy food, and be emotionally aware enough to feel the love from every direction.  I am truly blessed to have such amazing friends and family.  Even felt the love through text message and passed along word from those who couldn't attend!  A special thanks to my sister Chrissy, who I know was the master mind behind this bash.  I'm so impressed you started planning in February and I had NO IDEA!

Thank you and love you!

Pictures from the Day!

1 comment:

  1. We love you, too! You deserved every second of that day....you are such an AMAZING friend to all of us - we LOVED spoiling you! :)

    ReplyDelete