Riley's first CrossFit Route 1 Class

Riley's first CrossFit Route 1 Class
Riley's first CrossFit Route 1 Class

Monday, May 16, 2011

Significant Life events at 8am Monday morning

Well... didn't expect to be writing today, but this blog is about my life and it's ups and downs.  At 8am this morning (yes I actually made it to work that early) my manager brought me into his office and shut the door... never a good sign unless it's salary action time (it wasn't). 

Turns out they had decided to reorganize my subsection and I was getting moved to a different group.  My jaw dropped, I said "I think I'm going to cry," and then I cried.  To say I'm an emotional person is a huge understatement.  The move is not necessarily a bad one.  There is lots of great work in the new group, but I wasn't prepared to leave my "family."  I joined GE Aviation because of this group.  I always saw myself working in this group until I was ready to move into a more business type role.  I know they will always be there for me and invite me to group events, but it's just not the same.  I feel like I'm being kidnapped and it was my parents idea.

As the day went on and even now I'm sorting through my emotions and trying to get a grasp on what this means and what opportunities it opens.  In the mean time, I started to think about how I reacted.  A coworker mentioned she wish she had chocolate to give me.  It took me back a minute, because 6 months ago I just would have gone to the vending machine and gotten a candy bar and the cupcakes that probably have been in there for centuries.  I didn't want to though, the idea of it made me sick.  I'm very lucky that my amazing friend Alissa recognized that I needed to get off site for lunch and we enjoyed a nice lunch at Tides... Steak tips and broccoli :)  soooo yummy.  It was just the break I needed.

I wasn't very focused at work and knew I needed to move my body to release the pent up frustration.  Left work a bit early and went over the gym where I ran, beat up a punching bag, and did some pull ups/dips.  From there I went to Crossfit to make sure I had absolutely no energy left... and succeeded.  Sitting here right now, I feel good about myself.  To say that at the end of a very emotional day is very surprising and exciting for me.  It also helps that I came home to all your great feed back from my first post.  Thank you for your support it means a lot to me, especially on a day like today! 

6 comments:

  1. Aw Jenny sorry to hear about this...change is very hard...I totally would have cried too! But - it sounds like there are good opportunities where you are going and that's good!!! Right now you are in shock...give it some time to sink in. In the meantime - pat yourself on the back for choosing exercise over chocolate! Most of us are not that strong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christopher Robin to Pooh: you’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you think you are, and smarter than you think.

    I know it was a tough day today, but if anyone can get through it, it's you!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you wanting broccoli - i love it! keep your chin up, roomie! ps: i glad to be following your progress from the left coast =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strong is the new skinny girl...strength doesn't only come in muscle :) We love you!!

    I dont know anyone in this family who doesn't fully embrace change...hee hee!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything happens for a reason. Just think about how much you learned from just today, without even starting this new role! Just your reaction to the news shows how strong you are and able to take on these new challenges - and you could see that for yourself. As much as it doesn't seem like it today, I bet you'll be looking back in a few months thinking about how much you grew emotionally and professionally during this time - plus you're already growing so much in your physical strengths - sounds pretty well rounded... check! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Watch out new section, here comes Jenny!
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete